Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cucumbers

This week my fridge drawer was bursting with cucumbers. For whatever reason they seem to be multiplying in the fridge when the door is closed and the lights are down. So, this week has been a cucumber eating week. We have had Tziki Sauce with fried cucumbers and eggplants; cucumber slices and cucumber salad. Other favorites include cucumber slices in a big pitcher of water (it looks lovely for a party) and cucumber soup (nice and refreshing on a hot summer day). You can always try pickling them and storing in the fridge or canning the pickles. So many options but the best part is that cucumbers are ripe right when you need them, the dog days of summer. A cool neatly packaged gift.

If you are looking for recipes on the above items, just ask!

1 comment:

  1. Cucumber infused water is one of my favorites! I feel like I'm at the spa right in my own home.

    ReplyDelete